Last summer, leading up to the 2014 season I took some inspiration from a series that the writers on NFL.com's Around the NFL write before each NFL season and I applied that to the UB football team. In hindsight I think the results were mixed because I never gave a proper introduction to what I was doing and I didn't plan it out very well; but, the pieces that did get a conversation going were quite enjoyable, and I'd like to repeat that on a larger scale this summer.
The premise behind the Buffalo Bulls Making the Leap series is that each week I'll highlight one offensive and one defensive player, each with their own posts, that will "Make the Leap". What does "Make the Leap" mean, you might ask? Well, I'm glad you did! Making the leap can mean one of two things:
- The player is a former reserve or role player, someone you might not know a whole lot about, that is primed to emerge into the starting lineup and make an impact for the Bulls.
- Or, the player is a starter who is primed to step up their game from a solid starter to a bona fide star out on the gridiron.
- Career Review/Why He's Here - A brief review of the player's career so far and why I have put them on the list.
- Obstacles - Obstacles that will affect the player and make attaining success more difficult.
- Season Expectations - What are some reasonable expectations for the player heading into the season based on past performance and the their role heading into the season.
- Prediction - Where applicable, I'll give my prediction of the player's stats for the upcoming season.