Buffalo at Ohio - 7pm - Stream
Coming off their third home loss of the season, UB travels to Ohio looking to get over .500 on the road for the first time in February. UB 15-10 (8-6) is 7-7 on the road, and can clinch at least a .500 road record with a win at Ohio tonight. Ohio's Women however are more dangerous at home, where they are 4-5 this year.
MAC Tournament Watch
With 4 games remaining, UB is in a fight for 4th place in the MAC.
Buffalo at 8-6 has no room for a letdown against 3-11 Ohio.
8-6 Toledo faces 4-10 NIU.
WMU sits a half game back at 8-7.
Ball State at 6-8 has an outside shot at moving up in the MAC standings but they will have to do it the hard way, by defeating 13-1 Central Michigan.
When We Last Met
UB won at home 55-43, but Ohio led at the half and led 43-42 with 4:23 remaining in the game. Buffalo then closed the game on a 13-0 run to win the game.
Both teams were cold from distance, Ohio 3-19 and Buffalo 1-10 from three point. Buffalo won the game with their size, out-rebounding Ohio by 10 and scoring 14 more points in the paint.
Mackenzie Loesing led the Bulls with 18 points, Margeaux Gupilan scored 10, Christa Baccas had 5 blocks and Alexus Malone led the Bulls with 16 rebounds.
Get to Know Ohio
Kiyanna Black leads the Bobcats with 14.2 points/game and is coming off the Akron game where she scored 26 points and snatched 9 rebounds. (but it's Akron which plays MACtion style basketball)
Lexie Baldwin leads the Cats in rebounds with 6/game and scores 8.1 pts/game, and she scored 17 in Akron while also grabbing 9 rebounds.
Quiera Lampkins is only a Freshman, but she is already making a big impact, she is the second highest scorer for Ohio with 10.1 points per game.
Buffalo's Keys To The Game
- Find the range - In their last five games, UB is 16 for 90 from three-point range, down 10% from their season average. UB's best sharp shooters are Margeaux Gupilan who was shooting 40% from three, but is 1 for 14 from three in the past 5 games, and Sloane Walton who hasn't played since February 2nd.
- Dominate the boards - Don't mess with what worked, Sharkey and Baccas cleaning up the misses and limiting the second chances of Ohio.
- Mackenzie Loesing picked up three fouls in five minutes in the 2nd half against Bowling Green and played for 11 minutes with four fouls before fouling out with UB down 4 with 109 seconds remaining. At that point, BGSU outscored UB 12-6.
- Loesing is well on her way to being one of UB's all-time scorers. Mackenzie already has more career points (767) than any UB 1,000 point scorer had through two seasons. The previous leader, UB Assistant Coach Kourtney Brown had 752 career points after her Sophomore season.
- Loesing already has more career points than seven UB thousand point scorers had through three seasons at UB and with 18 points against Ohio she would surpass the three-total of Trish Ryan (778) and Caroline Hofer (785). If Loesing is able to score 18 points again, I don't think Ohio will be able to win.