Tomorrow Morning is the beginning of the early signing period and some of the football verbals will become guys with a letter of intent.
It’s a very small class as it stands, but seven of the eight commits listed by 247 are three star players. Only thee teams in the conference have a higher 247 average recruit grade than Buffalo, but most teams in the conference are sitting on 20 or so recurits where as UB has only the eight.
Here is what 247 had as of last night for the Bulls
|Pos||Player||School||Ht / Wt||Rating|
|DT||George Wolo||Good Counsel (Olney, MD)||6-0 / 290||0.8398 (NA 106 40)|
|QB||Casey Case||Winter Park (Winter Park, FL)||6-6 / 195||0.8292 (NA 37 239)|
|DE||Bryce Johnson-Maith||St. Frances Academy (Baltimore, MD)||6-5 / 200||0.8286 (NA 92 46)|
|RB||Kolbe Burrell||St. Joseph's (Philadelphia, PA)||5-9 / 189||0.8139 (NA 147 37)|
|OL||Deondre Doiron||Catholic Central (London, ON)||6-3.5 / 281||0.8085 (NA 159 2)|
|DT||Michael Tetteh||Cardinal Hayes (Bronx, NY)||6-2 / 240||0.8084 (NA 172 17)|
|DB||Lonnie Rice||Bishop McDevitt (Wyncote, PA)||6-0 / 185||0.8003 (NA 201 44)|
It’s possible that coach Leipold and company have quite a few guys that have not hit the wire yet, or that they are going to continue to mine the JUCO ranks.
But in terms of quality, this is a good class so far. It’s heavy on the defensive line and that’s going to be a place of great need in the next year or two.
We’re also bringing in a big Canadian lineman, it’s a formula that has worked for this coaching staff in the past.
A quick who’s who
- Running back Kolbe Burrell was named to the Philadelphia Inquirer’s All-Southeastern Pennsylvania team, he had a fantastic season with 1,326 yards and 16 touchdowns. He’s built a lot like Jaret Patterson
- Casey Case is listed as a dual threat Quarterback by 247, though TBN is calling him a propstyle. The guy is almost Tyree Jackson big already! He’s 6-foot-6, 200-pounds and threw for 2,265 yards and 22 touchdowns in Florida.
- Deondre Doiron is our designated Canadian Offensive lineman pull. He’s a bit light right now at 290, but he has a frame to grow on.
- Lonnie Rice is an offensive stud out of PA that was named to the Philadelphia Inquirer’s All-Southeastern team. Even though he ran for 1,102 and passed for 1,659 yards he is listed as a safety.
- Wolo, Johnson-Maith, and Tettah are a group of solid looking defensive linemen.
- Trevor Borland is a Herald-News All-Area Football Team honorable mention coming in to play tight end.
In addition to this the Buffalo News has eyes on a few other noteables. Bringing the total to 13.
Some players listed by the news, not listed on the services, are
OL Samuel Todd, the Peddie School - NR – 6-5, 285
RB Caron Robinson, Aquinas, Rochester – NR – 5-10, 185
DB Jalen McNair, Good Counsel, Olney, Md. – 3-star 5-9, 165
OL Tyler Doty, St. Joe’s, Gasport – NR – 6-5, 296