Tyree Jackson might have one of the best anecdotes from this past weeks NFL combine.
When Jackson was throwing to wide receivers as part of their drill he was doing his thing, throwing so hard that the receivers were as interested in protecting themselves as catching the Ball.
NFL analyst Steve Smith, who was down on the field during the drill, walked over to Tyree and asked him to not throw the ball so hard. The word “please” was not used.
Other than making life difficult for the receivers Jackson had a great combine.
- His 4.59 40 was the second fastest among quarterbacks
- His 34.5 inch vertical was the highest of any QB
- His 10 foot broad jump was tied with Daniel Jones of Duke for the highest QB
- He “Stuggled” in the three cone, putting up the 5th best results
- He was also fifth in the 20 yard shuttle run
A lot of analyst still see Jackson as a “raw” product and these numbers probably solidify him as at worst a third round pick. Some sites have him a bit lower but I’d be very surprised if he is not snatched up in the first three rounds.