We can milk the calendar change not just for year-end retrospectives, but also for a predictions post in the week after. This is that post.
1. Adam Redden will be drafted and will make at least an NFL practice squad.
2. Bookies would be wise to set the over/under at 1.5 for UB MAC Championships in addition to Women's Soccer in the 2014-15 school year. I'm not sure if it will be one, or two (or maybe more), but there will be another this year.
3. Speaking of Women's Soccer, they will return to the MAC Semifinal - at least - for just the third time in program history.
4. Jon Jones will repeat as indoor and outdoor MAC shot put champion, but freshman teammate Devon Patterson will be #2 in one or the other.
5. Men's Cross Country, returning their full top seven from 2014, will finish second at the MAC Championships. The women lose two seniors but will improve from three straight seventh-place finishes.
6. Baseball will win 20 games for the fourth consecutive season despite heavy losses to graduation in 2014.
7. Damien David will move atop the UB record books in singles victories and combined (singles+doubles) victories.
8. Neither Shannon Evans nor Justin Moss will win MAC Player of the Year, but combined they will receive more votes than the winner.
9. Russell Cicerone will continue to get the press, but Marcus Hanson will score 5+ goals and Steven Stryker will become a regular in the starting lineup.
10. No coaches will be fired or not have their contracts renewed.