The story of Jeff Quinn's extension started in 2012. After 3 wins to get to 4-7 on the season, 9-26 as a coach and 6-26 against FBS competition. Quinn's extension was mired in secrecy, no terms were released and it was unsure if the extension was finalized. The first question was: What did Quinn do to deserve an extension?, the second question was: why announce an extension and not sign one?
Tim worked the FOIA like a seasoned SEC blogger and found the details of the extension once it was signed in mid-September. This reignited the anger over the extension mainly because Baylor and Stony Brook had broken the UB fans.
UB fans had two weeks to focus on the extension, a 70-13 loss at Baylor and a 3 point five overtime win over Stony Brook that should have been a loss. It was as dark a time at UB Bull Run as any I could remember. UB often lost, but they rarely fell so short of expectations.
At 1-2 on the season, 10-29 as a coach and 6-29 against FBS competition, Jeff Quinn would be UB's coach for 4 more years. A few months later, UB would find themselves 7-2, in first place in the MAC East and on the precipice of a very special season.
- Best of Bull Run 2013: #7 - Last Bull In
- Best of Bull Run 2013: #8 - The Clash at the Ralph
- Best of Bull Run 2013: #9 - Khalil Mack
- Best of Bull Run 2013: #10 - UB Baseball
- Best of Bull Run 2013: #11 - Bowl Games
- Best of Bull Run 2013: #12 - The White Death, 2013 Coaching Changes
- Best of Bull Run 2013: #13 - The Bruwpeg
- Best of Bull Run 2013: #14 - The Rudy Johnson Story
- Best of Bull Run 2013: #15 - Top MAC Athletes